Sunday, February 12, 2012

My Reaction to M&M's Commercial


I would like to begin by saying that this is possibly my favorite commercial I have seen in the last two years. Clearly Mars Inc. uses the iconic LMFAO song "Sexy and I Know It" to advertise M&M's, but more than that I honestly feel that Mars hits every nuance possible.

The first time I watched this ad, I died laughing at the Red M&M, but after many subsequent views it is clear they perfected this ad, starting with the sophisticated dialogue between women, transitioning to a scolding of a drunk idiotic male, and ending with the finale of a classic pop song parody. I still crack a smile every time I see this ad, and I feel that they hit a very broad target audience with this ad, because even my parents that have not seen the LMFAO music video found this ad funny. Kudos the the Mars ad team, this one was a winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment