Sunday, February 5, 2012

Century 21 Commercials

My first blog is in response to the ad campaign by Century 21 Insurance. The specific ad that I am referring to can be found here. The target audience in my opinion is any home owner trying to sell their home using a realtor, but more specifically I would say this appeals to the middle class, because more expensive homes tend to have specialized realtors. 

The competition aspect of reality ultimately comes down to speed of sale and securing the highest relative price possible for the property, and while this ad exaggerates Century 21 using hyperbole, it makes a good case that they go over the top to help their clients. If I were a homeowner looking for a realtor, I would look into Century 21 following this ad, as it is an attention grabbing campaign due to celebrity use, exaggeration, and a relative message.

1 comment:

  1. Ethan,

    Good post. You might want to consider embedding the ad in your blog in the future. It's the icon two to the right of the "link" icon. This will allow readers to look at the ad you are writing about without ever leaving your blog.

    ReplyDelete